Exploring new approaches to computer-aided evaluation and management of urban design with an original blend of research on urban forms and case-studies of urban design.
40H FACE-TO-FACE / 30H SELF-STUDY
The module is focused on the new approaches to computer-aided conception, evaluation and management of urban design in the context of urban sustainable development.
The relationship between urban design and sustainability policies. Concepts, theories and state of the art of scientific research and professional praxis.
Bases of urban planning, regulatory framework in France and Europe, environmental approach to urban planning (AEU), HQE approach, eco-neighborhoods.
Classical approaches to urban form: basics of typo-morphological analysis and of the perception of urban landscape.
Urban infrastructure, networks and the digital turn. Data production and management for the smart city.
Managing the digital revolution in urban design:
• Management of a digital urban project
• Concurrent engineering , digital architecture, geodesign: from BIM (Building Information Modeling) to CIM (City Information Modeling)
• Issues on data interoperability
Urban form as a configuration: a complex systems approach applied to urban street networks. Configurational analysis techniques: Multiple Centrality Assessment and Space Syntax.
Case studies and tutorial classes on software platforms:
• Configurational analyses for the sustainable city.
• Evaluation of urban projects and eco-neighborhoods design and management.
• Understanding of the role of urban design within urban sustainability policies
• Analyzing urban form in existing cities and urban projects
• Understanding the planning process behind the production of urban form
• Blended learning and use of ICT tools
• Smart City Innovation Center
• Site-visit to TechnoPark Nice-Méridia